Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines
Announces New Packaging Event!
Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines has changed its packaging session schedule. We are no longer packaging meals the first and third Saturday of each month. Instead, packaging sessions are now scheduled events, hosted by volunteers.
These five easy steps make your meal packaging event a sure success:
- Build a group with a minimum of 10 people.
- Start fundraising for your event. Each meal costs 25 cents to purchase, package and ship. One box holds 216 meals, at a total cost of $54. If you have 10 volunteers packaging meals for two hours, the cost would be 1,000 and you would package 4,000 meals! Just $100 per volunteer, two hours to package the meals and you feed 4,000 hungry, hurting bodies!
- Select a few dates that will work for your group. Then email or call the Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines office to confirm a date.
- Send check for your packaging event 30 days in advance so that we can purchase your supplies and have them ready for your event.
- On the day of your event, arrive at the Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines location at Holmes Automotive Group in Clive at the pre-determined time. A Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines staff person will help you register and explain the packaging process. The process is simple no need to be handy or have any special skills to take part. All the tools and materials you need will be set up and waiting for you.
If your family, company or organization is looking for a meaningful service project, schedule a packaging event! Packaging meals has also become a popular way to celebrate special occasions, like birthdays or anniversaries. Bring your family and friends and give the gift of nutrition to those in need.
Who We Are
World hunger is the largest problem the human race faces at this time with an estimated 800 million people in some type of food-related crisis. Every day more than 40,000 people die from hunger-related causes – that's one person every two seconds!
Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines is a non-profit organization whose mission is to eliminate world hunger by preventing any more children from starving to death. We package and ship life-saving meals to starving and malnourished children in developing countries and the United States. The meals, formulated by food scientists at Cargill, Pillsbury, General Mills and ADM provide a rich source of easily digestible protein, carbohydrates and vitamins needed by the bodies and minds of undernourished children.
Since it’s launched in 2006, Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines has made over 3 million meals.
T-Shirts on Sale Now!
Donate $25.00 to Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines and receive a free t-shirt! Proceeds from t-shirts go to purchasing ingredients for the meals. To purchase a t-shirt call 515-253-3149
eNewsletter Sign Up To sign up for our eNewsletter, which will keep you up to date on all that's happening with the Kids Against Hunger of Des Moines Satellite, email firstname.lastname@example.org.